Senior Manager, Communications - Customer Business Strategy & Operations
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7643
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287954 Date posted 01/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Associate Director, Communications at our East Hartford, CT campus.
In this role you will be responsible for directing and coordinating Customer Business communications for internal and external customers, and leadership meetings.
You will develop and lead the strategy for these Customer Business communications working across the entire Customer Business Organization and coordinating with Commercial Engines teams, and will report directly to the executive director of Commercial Engines Customer Business, Customer Strategy and Operations.
- You will develop a centralized process for efficient and streamlined executive presentations, whitepapers, and customer visits for the Business and other leadership as required.
- You will also develop and lead a centralized process for all customer communications working closely and integrating with other organizations across Customer Business and Commercial Engines that work with external customers.
- You will identify current and effective communication platforms for all audiences: employees, partners, and customers to use expertly and accurately.
- Partner with various functions to build a library of communication material for efficient and standard internal/external communication channels that can be demonstrated by many.
- You'll provide centralized Customer Business information management and standardization of presentations, communications and event support
- Lead efforts to plan and handle the required Customer Business events. Including budget management, ECO/ITC compliance and coordination with other organizations to successfully execute all events.
- Ensure engagement, alignment and adoption of new communication processes, initiatives and ACE practices
- Nurture and handle the use and adoption of central communications across the Customer Business organization to support a consistent and dedicated message internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration or other related program required
- Minimum of 7 years of Operations experience and Program Management with the ability to establish and drive metrics and management review required
- A minimum of 6 years of managing people and large teams is also required.
- MBA or other master's degree preferred
- 9 years of aerospace commercial experience is a plus
- Strategic mindset to build cross functional relationships
- Customer relationship building, negotiation, and influencing ability
- Strong ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization, effectively communicate both written and oral, and use appropriate technology and communication platforms to reach all audiences
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross department project teams or manage across multiple related departments.
- Set expectations and goals; communicate these goals/expectations
- Motivate and inspire teams to excel, take ownership and responsibility for the future direction of the organization
- Strong ability to build and lead teams and processes in a matrixed environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01287954
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Communications - Customer Business Strategy & Operations
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US