High Temperature Superalloys & Processes Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7463
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01266118 Date posted 01/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented High Temperature Superalloys & Process Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are looking for engineers who can lead the development and implementation of innovative high temperature superalloys and processes. You will become part of a highly focused team in a high tech, dynamic and challenging environment. You will work with multi-functional teams including Operations, Global Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering Source Approval, Core Structures, Project Team Leaders, Engine Program Office and technicians. Your technical responsibilities:
- Plan, execute, conduct and report on technical research and development, as well as support efforts related to turbine engine materials with special emphasis on Ni-base and high temperature superalloys for rotating hardware.
- You should be proficient in the physical and mechanical metallurgy of alloys and associated processes. Familiarity and or expertise in some of the following areas is required: Ingot casting, conversion, forging, heat treatment, solid state joining and material characterization (mechanical, physical & metallographic).
- Collaborate with other internal engineering disciplines, engineering management and manufacturing as part of an Integrated Product Team to ensure successful transition and implementation of alloy and process technologies into Pratt & Whitney's products.
- Lead elements or entire initiatives to establish next generation materials with unique capabilities for specific applications
- Work with AFRL, DOD, DOE and NASA customers & lab technical community to seek, secure and execute contracts
- Benchmarking alloy technology and processes, road mapping, securing funding, managing projects, and updating engineering standard work
- You will work closely with modeling groups (Pandat, Thermocalc, FEA, etc.) to reduce technology development cost & schedule and further understanding of chemistry-thermomechanical processing-properties relationships, microstructure evolution and mechanical properties
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we urge you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- MS degree in Materials Science or Materials Science & Engineering
- 8+ years' experience in materials and manufacturing processes, such as nickel, cobalt, high refractory alloys
- 6+ years' experience with associated manufacturing processes
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- Ph.D. in Materials Science or Materials Science & Engineering with 6+ years' experience:
- Material data analysis, quality systems, material selection processes, and material specification and interpretation
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification
- Data collection and management and data analysis methods (e.g. minitab) is highly desired
- Able to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Experience with program planning, cost estimation and scheduling.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and be highly motivated.
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01266118
Community / Marketing Title: High Temperature Superalloys & Processes Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US