Intellectual Property Counsel, Digital, Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7364
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01249575 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Digital Intellectual Property Counsel to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
As Intellectual Property Counsel, you will join Pratt & Whitney's Intellectual Property legal team, providing legal counsel and support across all of Pratt & Whitney's global operations. You will be based in East Hartford, CT and you will report directly to the Vice President, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel for Pratt & Whitney. As Intellectual Property Counsel at P&W you will support Pratt & Whitney's growing aerospace business, work closely with peers across Pratt & Whitney legal and be integrated with P&W's business and engineering teams to develop and execute intellectual property strategies and support the business bringing our innovative technology to market. You will have responsibility for developing and executing intellectual property strategies for key technologies. Other responsibilities may include negotiating and structuring the supplier deals. IP agreements, M&A work, prosecution management, counseling, dispute resolution and representing the company in disputes involving IP in both administrative and other settings. It is important to emphasize that you will be required to take a visible and important role as a member of Pratt & Whitney's legal team. Your ability to connect and work effectively with engineering and program personnel, win their confidence, and work as an integrated member of a cross-disciplinary team while providing effective legal advice and counsel is critical to succeeding in this position. The person who can be the right fit for this career growth opportunity is a high-energy self-starter seeking a key IP leadership role within a dynamic, complex, fast paced business. You should be dedicated to working in a team environment and have strong analytical, interpersonal, organization, and written/oral communication skills. Business-focused and detail oriented, and have impeccable ethics and integrity.
* Education / Certifications
Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited institution and undergraduate degree in engineering or technical field with preference toward Electrical or Computer engineering or Computer Science.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited institution and undergraduate degree in engineering or technical field with preference toward Electrical or Computer engineering or Computer Science
- 5 + years of experience as a practicing attorney with preference for IP litigation and transactional experience.
- Currently admitted and in good standing with at least one state bar with eligibility for Connecticut Authorized In-House Counsel
- Currently admitted or eligible to take U.S. Patent Office patent bar
- Eligibility for a U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous work experience as engineer, engineer, programmer, IT system administration, or other technical field
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01249575
Community / Marketing Title: Intellectual Property Counsel, Digital, Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US