Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 7301
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01281447 Date posted 01/09/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Global Services Engineering (GSE) develops innovative repair solutions for components of all Pratt & Whitney commercial and military engines, to economically return engines to service. The GSE Structures Group is looking for an experienced Structures Engineer to join the Military Structures team in Midwest City, Oklahoma. This team has responsibility for performing the structural analysis of military engine hardware repairs to ensure structural integrity is maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Structural analysis of repairs for static and rotating hardware using finite element tools and closed form solutions.
- Evaluation of structural criteria such as LCF, fracture, strength, creep, and vibration.
- Thorough documentation of analysis results and recommendations in a Structural Analysis Memo.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to other team members.
- Strong proficiency and a demonstrated record of accomplishments in the structures discipline is expected.
This position may work from Tinker AFB or at P&W office in Midwest City, OK.
- BS in Engineering
- 2 years of experience in engineering
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience performing structural analysis
- Advanced degrees may benefit the candidate
- Experience using ANSYS and Unigraphics/NX is advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Positive Relationships
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01281447
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US