Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7281
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01281824 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for an Industrial Hygenist to be based in East Hartford CT. The Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Central Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) organization is seeking a motivated professional who is an experienced leader in Industrial Hygiene.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
- Manage multiple Industrial Hygiene programs such as Respiratory Protection, Local Exhaust Ventilation, Hazard Communication, and Noise Control/Hearing Conservation across all of P&W.
- Develop tools and programs to strengthen the Combustible Dust program.
- Manage a multiyear risk assessment initiative to drive implementation of robust controls.
- Work with individual sites to develop and execute site specific EHS improvement plans.
- Drive performance by working with sites to reduce administrative burden, track performance, report out to senior leaders within the organization, and ensure that projects are funded and completed on plan.
- Development of injury reduction programs that go beyond compliance requirements.
- Provide advice, support, and technical guidance to management regarding complex issues related to the site's business, EH&S regulatory compliance, and implementation of the EH&S Management System.
- Partnering with the sites around the world to ensure H&S regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and adherence to P&W procedures and company H&S Standard Practices as well as identification of health & safety hazards and controls to mitigate risks.
- Facilitating incident reviews and responding to incidents including being on call.
- This position is also expected to provide timely information and guidance to the EHS councils and Sub-Committees, including H&S performance trends and root cause corrective actions for injuries and near misses; and support in the development and implementation of strategic action plans to achieve the company goal of having a hazard-free workplace, and injury-free employees
- Manage aspects of Health and Safety through the identification of hazards and risks to the organization while implementing proper controls and corrective action.
- Assist sites with the development of strategic EH&S initiatives and coordinate/drive the necessary tactical resources/elements to ensure successful implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in a broad range of topics including but not limited to the following: safety programs, OSHA recordkeeping, audits and inspections, effective EH&S committees, risk assessment and corrective action.
- Assist other safety team members as well as other teams that focus on wide ranging topics such as environmental compliance, communication, training, and sustainability.
- Leading incident investigations/teams.
- Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- 10-20% travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of Health & Safety experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or related technical discipline
- 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable presenting at all levels of the organization.
- Health & Safety Regulatory and management systems knowledge
- Continuous Improvement experience (e.g. ACE, Six Sigma, LEAN etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of H&S management systems
- Experience working with a unionized workforce.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist status.
- Manufacturing / Defense industry experience
- Additional certifications, such as CSP, P.E. or CHMM
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01281824
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Hygenist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US