Material Review Board Discipline Chief
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7268
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01268961 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Material Review Board (MRB) Discipline Chief in East Hartford, CT. In this role, you will be responsible for the discipline health of the MRB which includes writing and maintaining standard work and improving the technical proficiency of its practitioners. This position draws on the Quality Engineering body of knowledge as the basis for proficiency and applies it to PW systems
- Leads organization in ensuring product and process compliance by providing guidance and direction with regards to quality systems and requirements
- Stays apprised of industry trends, leads strategic advancement of PW Material Review Board function and drives MRB process improvements
- Identifies and communicates gaps between MRB proficiency offerings and emerging needs of the business
- Actively mentors and teaches employees in the MRB function, communicates development paths, and supports technical career development initiatives
- Works closely with Quality Leadership team to meet short term customer requirements while implementing business strategies in support of long term demands
- Provides leadership guidance to solve value stream quality challenges to ensure site success and customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicates project status and process improvements to Leadership
- Travel may be up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with 5+ years of experience in the Quality area
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Expert in nonconforming material systems & procedures, and AS9100 requirements related to control & segregation of nonconforming material
- Experience in managing an MRB function
- Experience in managing supplier / internal / customer MRB activity (escapes, warranty material, customer owned material, SDOs, etc)
- Fully versed in engineering drawing interpretation and GD&T
- Experience creating and editing standard work
- Training and mentoring quality professionals to achieve proficiency
- UTC Aerospace Quality Specifications (e.g., ASQR-01, ASQR-09.2, ASQR-20.1) experience preferred
- Familiar with Aerospace Quality Standards
- Understanding of IPD process and MRB touchpoints
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communications
- Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01268961
Community / Marketing Title: Material Review Board Discipline Chief
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US