Applications Manager, Quality Systems
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6729
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01274812 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Our IT & Business Systems group has a rare opportunity for a talented Quality Applications Manager, based out of our East Hartford, CT campus.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use?
If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
- You will be responsible for business & technical systems management, DT infrastructure services oversight, and project execution management. Supported systems include ERP (SAP) Quality Notifications, Net-Inspect (Quality Management System, First Article of Inspection, KPC management, Supplier Self Release) and e2open (Quality Notification Collaboration Hub)
- You will work with core DT disciplines, out-sourced server providers and customers to ensure that the overall IT needs and objectives of the business are met.
- Work with key business leaders to understand specific DT requirements
- Translating customer requirements into a solution design primarily with SAP and connection to other Quality Management Systems (i.e. ETQ, Net-Inspect, etc.)
- Understand key applications usage for the business and serve as liaison to subject matter experts
- Partner other P&W DT disciplines to ensure coordinated project delivery to meet business priorities
- Work with P&W and DxC resources to develop applications supporting business objectives
- Document local DT processes & procedures and ensure audit compliance
- Address business transformation requirements
- Perform budget & investment planning for Information Technology needs, company wide
- Streamline business workflow processes and develop effective technology
- Management of components of DT software life cycle development processes
- Handle the priorities and requirements and ensure delivery with the outsourced infra-structure service supplier
- Strong process orientation and ability to develop and follow standard work
- Experience with delivering end user training & documentation
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
- You should have demonstrated leadership of successful process improvement initiatives. Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is critical. Individual should be driven and motivated.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields include Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business
- U.S. Citizen required due to Government Contracts
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in developing and supporting applications and/or business systems
- MBA or advanced graduate degree preferred
- You have over 10 years'experience designing and supporting business systems with experience performing budget & investment planning for company wide Information Technology needs
- Deep understanding of Quality Management Systems including Net-Inspect and Supplier Quality and Engineering Quality Notifications (EQN) workflow
- Experience supporting ERP SAP systems, Quality Notifications, Net-Inspect (Quality Management System, First Article of Inspection, KPC management, Supplier Self Release) and e2open (Quality Notification Collaboration Hub) preferred
- You have an excellent social skills and ability to foster positive relationships within the industry, along with a proven record of influencing media outlets and securing positive media coverage
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Previous experience in crisis communication required within a corporate environment
- Hands on experience with structured project management and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio. Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01274812
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Manager, Quality Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US