Manufacturing Project / Procurement Engineer
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11381
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372499 Date posted 12/03/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Â At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you!
Pratt & Whitney is currently conducting Capital Upgrades to the Columbus Forge Blades Business at the Midland, Georgia Facility and is seeking proposals from qualified individuals to provide Program Management, Project Management and Construction Management Services for the Capital Project Upgrades of approximately $150M spanning approximately 50 individual Projects.
- Develop blade and airfoil manufacturing strategies to drive yield improvements and process control through forging, multi axis milling and mill-turn, and broaching operations.
- Partner with Process Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to develop sustainable capital strategies.
- Lead Procurement activities including feasibility evaluation, alternatives analyses, economic life cycle cost analysis, RFP/RFQ packages, bidding, bid review, evaluation and recommendation, submission of Purchase Order Request in P&W SRM system
- Leverage manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace airfoils
- Lead projects consisting of cross functional teams to align with our growth strategy to support the next generation of aerospace propulsion systems.Â Drive projects from conceptualization through procurement, installation and into implementation phases.
- Act as site lead for growth projects and programs coordinating with Pratt and Whitney Core Capital Projects Organization
- Assists with the multi-year capital planning and programming coordination
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customerâ€s expectations
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures
- Periodic travel required (
- Final Grade/Level of position will depend on experience and qualifications
Education / Certifications
- Associates Degree
- AS, BS or MS Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or related experience.
- Bachelorâ€s or Associateâ€s degree minimum 10+ years of experience OR
- Masterâ€s degree minimum 7+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Understanding of and hands on experience with super alloy traditional machining and processing of complex 3-D geometries.
- Knowledge of traditional and non-traditional machining (broaching, multi axis milling, and mill-turn) Â techniques to produce airfoils and industrially available technologies and advancements is a plus
- Knowledge of media finishing processes including tumble polishing, blasting, peening, and chemical processing
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, etc.)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372499
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Project / Procurement Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US