Ceramic Matrix Composite Component Integrated Product Team Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10360
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349412 Date posted 08/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empower.
Pratt and Whitney Hot Section Engineering team is seeking a goal-oriented, detail-focused engineering manager to the lead the Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT). This position requires validated leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, technology development experience, and well-rounded general project engineering skills. The CIPT lead has 3 direct reports and an overall organization of 80 employees across UTC. You will be a key focal point for the module center with program management, senior engineering leadership and the customer.
The CIPT Leader is responsible for:
- Leading and integrating highly interdependent integrated product development teams including, design, materials development, and methods through TRL 6 validation.
- Financial performance, technical excellence, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and quality processes of the team.
- Schedule and budget management.
- Ensuring that Pratt and Whitney's s quality and engineering standard work processes are adhered to.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 10+ years of engineering experience.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering.
- 12+ years of technology or project experience in the development and support of ceramic matrix composites and components with an understanding of Turbines.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills.
- Ability to lead integrated activities across multiple disciplines to achieve results.
- Team Leadership experience.
- Active Security Clearance.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349412
Community / Marketing Title: Ceramic Matrix Composite Component Integrated Product Team Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US