MC&O - QE - Quality Engineering Internship - Summer 2020
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10071
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01340127 Date posted 07/31/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking hardworking and ambitious students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020. We are committed to being the world-class provider of dependable engines, propulsion systems, parts and services that meet customer expectations. Quality, compliance to requirements, and continuous improvement are key in all that we do.
Are you passionate about quality engineering and want to get some hands-on work experience? This unique program led by experienced quality professionals will ensure that our interns are learning, mentored, and intertwined with the organizations they support by having substantial work and projects. Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Quality Intern program provides you with a flexible learning environment to help kick-start your career and provides us the resources to meet our workforce requirements for the future. We will provide mentorship to you by a senior quality engineer and exposure to senior management and executives. This position is for an intern assigned within the PW Quality organization in Connecticut, based in East Hartford.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. This position is for an Intern assigned within the PW Quality organization in Connecticut, based at the East Hartford, CT. Responsibilities will vary by workgroup assignment, but will consistently include:
- addressing supplier and internal manufacturing quality concerns
- tracking of data and metrics in support of quality
- coordination with other departments on business initiatives and roadmap objectives
- understanding of technical procedures and standard work
- preparation for manufacturing ramp
- implementing process improvements and support of quality investigations.
Training by workgroup position will be provided in support of Scholarship program participants, including exposure to the UTC Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system and principles for working application during your assignment.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or master's degree. GPA of 3.0 or higher required. Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering majors preferred.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Materials Management
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01340127
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - QE - Quality Engineering Internship - Summer 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US