2nd shift Machine Tool Service Supervisor
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11086
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365356 Date posted 11/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment? Do you love the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives?
The Hot Section Module Center - South (HSMC) delivers highly technical products to the Engine Centers and Spares Organizations. We are looking for a hardworking and high-energy 2nd shift Machine Tool Service Supervisor (MTS) at our East Hartford, CT facility. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of skilled traders, general maintenance employees or outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair equipment in the manufacturing shop.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set day-to-day goals and objectives for team members.
- Oversee planning, organizing, and scheduling maintenance for the shop.
- Ensure proper functioning of machines through ongoing inspection.
- Assess and evaluate the physical space requirements of the organization and recommend plans to meet needs.
- Manage payroll in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date training for all hourly employees.
- Craft work schedules to assure HSMC-S MTS plan is integrated with internal and external facility services providers.
- Coordinate Manufacturing Cell transformations by moving existing equipment and installing newly acquired capital equipment.
- Generate purchase orders prior to contractors starting approved work onsite, create pre-job reports to ensure clear communication of work is provided to approved contractors.
- Build and initiate Pre-job reports for approved contractors planned to work onsite and post at each job site.
- Use SAP to create Suppler Relationship Management (SRM) to generate purchase order to ensure contractor has valid method of payment prior to starting contract work.
- Build work schedules to assure HSMC-S MTS plan is integrated with internal and external facility services providers.
- Craft the work schedules and initiate purchase orders for the rearrangement of machinery to reorganize the HSMC-S.
- Update the baseline plan monthly in excel or MS Project.
- Upon receipt of approved machine move plan, create action list, by discipline, to move equipment from current to future location.
- Attend and participate in restructuring meetings when invited.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of maintenance/manufacturing experience in a supervisory role OR, AS Degree with 5 years of maintenance/manufacturing experience in a supervisory role, OR, HS/GED with 7 years of maintenance/manufacturing experience in a supervisory role
- Supervisory experience required
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of employees in the organization, both hourly and salary, union and non-union
- Machine Tool experience
- Ability to encourage teamwork, participation, and individual accountability
- Ability to work independent without daily supervision
- A record of overcoming obstacles with limited resources in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- A demonstrated record of maintaining good logistic controls, emotional intelligence, and teaming abilities
- Able to prioritize tasks and plan workload effectively
- Strong familiarity with ACE tools and processes preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and experience working in a Union Shop
- Ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to changes in priorities
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365356
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd shift Machine Tool Service Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US