APU Data Analyst Intern
Location: Muskegon, Michigan US
Job Number: 10391
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348055 Date posted 09/04/2019 City Muskegon State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW116: Muskegon, MI 4905 Stariha Drive, Muskegon, MI, 49441 USA Company Overview: The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. BU/department/ discipline overview: Â The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Parts Distribution Business Unit focuses on the Contractual Requirements of our Valued Customers, including Airlines and Repair Shops.Â Our Goal is to provide the right part at the right time!Â To do this, we need to continuously challenge ourselves, utilizing an order tracking system that is both measurable and reportable.Â Additionally, we review new part introductions, to best support an ever changing, exciting business! Ultimately, we are expert problem solvers, who continuously find ways to improve Customer satisfaction!
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Reviewing service bulletin changes for components and repairs, ensuring that updates to pricing, catalogs, and inventory pool levels occur timely.
- Coordinating meetings between supply chain and management to establish pricing and adjust pool levels as required.
- Preparing and maintaining repair catalogs; collecting data, building engine model templates, and presenting to management.
- Assisting management and commercial team on research tasks, using service bulletins and the Illustrated Parts Catalog.
- Working with the APU Operations Manager to maintain supply chain health for the rotable pool.
- Validating standard cost calculations.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .Â
- You're enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program. Preferred fields of study are: Mathematics, Aviation, Finance, Accounting , Statistics, and Business majors
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be selfâ€"motivated, able to multiâ€task and work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint.Â Ability to create formulas and manipulate data in Excel.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01348055
Community / Marketing Title: APU Data Analyst Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Muskegon, Michigan US